Sunday, June 30, 2013

Carbs have been TOTALLY killing my vibe....


I started this blog as an honest way to follow my fitness journey and weight loss. I haven't blogged in a few weeks because honestly I was kinda ashamed. Fitness is a journey not a destination and I am totally learning that. The month of June has been pretty sub par in regards to reaching my fitness goals. I didn't completely fall off but my workouts ended up being 1 to 2 x a week instead of my initial goal of 5 to 6 x a week. My food preps have also been horrible. Not to make excuses, BUT my work schedule has been so crazy that I haven't had time to prepare my meals like I once was. An of course if you fail to plan you plan to fail. Without my precooked meals I turned to old faithful "fast food". Now it's not like I went for Mcdonalds or anything, I mostly stuck with subway and other semi healthy options but I definitely notice the difference in how I feel. So I'm writing all of this to say it's OK to fall off the wagon as long as you get back on! I was talking with one of my close friends and he reminded me that often when you go SUPER HARD working out and eating healthy its normal to start to get tired of it and fall off. BUT that doesn't mean you cant get back on it. I realized that I was able to go hard for 4 months without a major slip-up. That's pretty darn good! Now I need to get back on it by doing things that keep me interested and that fit into my schedule. So as much as I HATE it, it looks like I'm going to have to start working out early in the AM or late at night. Anyone that knows me knows that I am NOT a morning person. I'd rather get a paper cut then have to wake up before 8:00am. BUT I also detest the heat and now that its summer its OFFICIALLY hot! In order to avoid the heat I need to workout super early or super late. So to all of my friends that have been supporting me, don't worry,  I'm back! I prepped my food this evening (turkey burger patty, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, broccoli, grilled chicken, and grilled asparagus) as well as cut up and pre-packed all of my snacks (watermelon, carrots, grapes, apples, and kiwis). And I came up with my workout schedule for the week. Below are some of my workout pics from the past couple of weeks. Nothing amazing but I did hit Runyon Canyon, the Manhattan beach stairs, 24 hour fitness, and completed a few bikes rides! Good luck on your fitness journey this week everyone! Let's get it! 




3 comments:

  1. Hi Bri, I think its alright to have slip ups...happens to all of us just like you said as long as you are back its OK, your planning already looks like you are back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back and I love the pictures of you at the gym. You have this super determined look on your face... I just love it. I also got a kick out of that remark that you'd rather get a paper cut than get up early. I cracked up when I read that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all go through these phases! I just recently had one myself and it went on for about 3 weeks, if anything it actually helped as when I started exercising again after the break I started dropping pounds again when previously I had hit a plateau. 4 months solid is a great achievement, you can do this :)

    ReplyDelete