Monday, February 17, 2014

Workouts Be Goin up Like a Crescendo!



Not to pat myself on the back buuuuuut I was a beast this week! I am even more proud considering last week was kind of lack luster. This week I did a variety of different workouts at different intensities. Each one targeted different areas of my body and left me feeling sore! I decided to break down my workouts for the week to give you guys an idea of what I'm doing!


Day 1: Lifting/Weight Training/Leg Day
I haven't lifted in like 6 months so I shouldn't have expected to walk into the gym and be able to squat the same amount of weight I did before (185lbs) but being optimistic I thought I would. I was sadly mistaken lol...I feel so weak compared to what I was lifting before but I know its all about progression and rebuilding my strength. I'll be back to where I was in no time. 





Day 2: GYM
Now that my gym membership is back I love going! The best part is that I can go to the gym anytime! (Hallelujah for 24 Hour Fitness) I DETEST the treadmill but for this workout I decided to put that aside and run a mile as my warm up. My time was extremely slow but I intend to keep working to be able to run faster. After my mild warm up I did 20 minutes on the stair master and 20 minutes on the elliptical. 



Day 3: Bike Riding (Fixed Gear)
The weather continues to be amazing so I took my bike out on the beach and did a 27 mile ride! I love my bike and riding fixed gear enables me to get an even better workout. For those of you that are unfamiliar with bikes, a "fixed gear" or "fixie" is a bike where the wheel is set on continuous pedal. So whether you are going up hill or down hill you cannot take your feet off the pedals because they continue to move. (There is no coasting!) Alot of people find it difficult to ride their bikes on "fixed" and instead change it to "free wheel" which enables them to be able to stop pedaling and to coast when they get tired. I like a challenge so I ONLY ride fixed! 




Day 4: More Gym
I am becoming a gym rat! I love trying out all of the different machines and working on different areas of my body. During this workout I did 45 minutes of cardio and then 20 minutes of arms/weight training. I got so into my workout I didn't realize that by the time I was done it was 11:00pm! Time flies when your working out lol...

Day 5: Gym, Gym, and more Gym!
I was tired of the treadmill during this workout (plus the shin splints in my right leg were bugging me) so I decided to do work on the elliptical and stair master. I used to HATE the stair master and would literally only stay on it for like 5 minutes because I got tired so easily. This time was quite the opposite! I beasted out 20 minutes non stop at varying intervals from 4-7. It's the small victories that remind me why I am on this journey! It feels great to see changes in my endurance level.



Day 6: Bollywood!!
My favorite and last workout of the week was the Bollywood class I took on Saturday! Honestly I did not think it would be as much of a workout as it was! It totally kicked my ass! For those that don't know, "Bollywood" is based off of the dances in Indian films (with lots of choreography and drama). The class was super fun and even though I am extremely uncoordinated I think I held my own pretty well! I definitely plan on taking the class again and loved how many calories I burned!



This week was good and next week is going to be even better! I'm really enjoying my workouts and having fun being active! Which makes it much easier to get myself to go. Make sure that you find something you love to do in order to reach your fitness goals. Working out doesn't have to be boring! Try one new workout/activity this week to challenge yourself! Have a great week!

<3 Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment