Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Don't Eat the Cake Anna Mae, Don't Eat the Cake!

Even though cake is AWESOME I can't enjoy it like I'd like to lol...Cravings can be a beast, ESPECIALLY when you are a woman and its near a certain time of the month lol...I have a serious sweet tooth but am now very selective about what I consume. Peanut butter is my best friend, it just seems to taste good on everything! Sadly, it's also packed with calories so you should eat it in moderation. Recently I found an awesome peanut butter option which I will be highlighting below in my SPOTLIGHT section. So keep reading!



Last week wasn't my best but it also wasn't my worst. I set a goal to work out 5x and only ended up working out 3x. Though in my defense those three workouts were hardcore and left me feeling extremely sore! Being fit and healthy is all well and good but let's be realistic, people have to work! If you're like me then you have to find a way to squeeze in your workouts in between work and other personal obligations. And it's not that working out isn't a priority because it definitely is BUT when certain things come up you have to deal with them. That being said work obligations put a huge damper on my fitness last week. Reports, client crisis's, and everything else you can imagine seemed to come my way. I'm definitely not the best at keeping up with all of my obligations and often something gets pushed aside, which lately that has been my workouts. BUT I am trying to do better, I've noticed that when I schedule my workouts in my calendar like an appointment I am more likely to keep it.  I have to carve out a time or there's a chance it won't happen!




I have amazing co workers who are very supportive of my journey! This past week after a long staff meeting they joined me at a local park to get in a workout on our lunch break. It was actually a really great workout and motivated me to keep pushing! Lunch time workouts may be the way to go during busy times of the week. 



I've been lucky because most of the people who know about my fitness journey are supportive and help motivate me. So much so that I forget that not everyone is #TeamBrianna....lol...This past week while having a conversation with one of my friends I was reminded of this fact! I happened to mention that I was working towards having abs by the summer. My friend chimes in " Come on Bri, be realistic, you're not going to have abs by the summer. You are a stress eater so you might as well just go back to doing what you were before". Though I don't think this person meant to be negative I was totally taken aback. I felt "some type of way" about it and ended up changing the conversation fairly quickly. It served as a reminder that this is MY journey and not anyone elses. Just because someone doesn't support you doesn't mean you should be discouraged or defeated. I will have my abs by the summer because I am going to work my ass off to prove the doubters wrong. What adversities have you faced in your fitness journey? And how have you tackled them?


SPOTLIGHT: JIF Whips
Like I said earlier I have a HUGE sweet tooth and an obsession with peanut butter! Unfortunately peanut butter is packed with calories and not good to eat in large quantities. I have been on a hunt to find a healthy way for me to be able to consume my favorite snack. I have tried powdered peanut butter (which tastes chalky and gross to me) as well as other nut butters such as almond butter (yummy but still high in calories) and cashew butter. Even low fat and organic peanut butter options usually don't rate well on the calorie counting meter. One day as I was perusing the grocery store aisle I noticed JIF Whips and was intrigued by the container. I noticed that the calories were significantly lower then that of the low fat peanut butter options and decided to try it out. I have been hooked ever since!!



JIF Whips are awesome because it doesn't compromise any of the peanut buttery goodness that you love however its lower in calories because its whipped (which basically means air is added so its fluffy and soft). Jif Whips are 140 calories for 2 TBSP. Not bad! Jif Whips has 25% less calories and fat then the regular JIF peanut butter but tastes the same! I am addicted to this stuff. If you are a peanut butter lover I suggest you check it out! You won't be sorry you did! 


February is a new month! If you fell off in January don't feel bad, just get back on it! Challenge yourself, work hard, eat clean, and workout!!!!! 

<3 Bri



No comments:

Post a Comment