Sunday, January 26, 2014

I've been drankin I've been drankin....a ton of Protein and Pre-Workout!

As the title states I've been DRANKIN! Tons and tons of protein and pre-workout! Why you ask? Because today was the LA Fitness Expo!! OMG, so it was my first time and it was AMAZING. I was really skeptical about going at first because I figured it was only for body-builders and super fit people. (Which I am neither) But I am SO GLAD I went! There were TONS of extremely fit people which was really inspiring for me. Everyone there was supportive of living a healthy lifestyle and it showed!


The expo was full of vendors each promoting their product with samples, giveaways and freebies! Of course I was ON the freebies lol... There were TONS of vendors selling protein, pre-workout drinks, and drinks to rebuild muscle after workouts. And of course I had to try them all. Hence why I was practically skipping from booth to booth lol...Next year I will be more selective on how many free samples I down so I don't feel like the energizer bunny on crack haha...




Along with the awesome vendors there were also fitness competitions, classes, and cooking demonstrations to see. I got to watch a really cool pole dancing performance, pull up contest, super kick karate demonstration and food preparation demonstration. Speaking of food prep, the craziest thing I noticed while at the expo was that EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE was eating pre-prepared meals that they had made at home! All of the people working the booths and competitors were grubbing on prepped meals in Tupperware such as grilled chicken and brown rice. The first person I saw eating a pre-pared meal was cool, but after the 6th person I was kind of tripping out! It was a reminder of how much this is a LIFESTYLE. Even though alot of the vendors and people there were from out of the area and working booths all day they made sure to prepare healthy meals for themselves. I literally did not see anyone eating fast food or anything unhealthy at the expo. It was truly a beautiful thing and totally inspired me to do my food prep once I got home. Not to mention the fact that I had a ton of energy to work off lol...






Along with all of the free stuff there were some amazing deals at the expo. I was good and only bought a cute tank top but believe me I wanted to buy more! Next year I'm going to make sure I have extra cash to use! Check out my shirt below, isn't it cute!? I have been talking about how I miss lifting and saw this shirt and knew it was destined to be mine! lol..All in all the expo was a great experience full of like minded people, good quality products, innovative fitness technology, and awesome samples! I will be back next year for sure and you should to! If you're not from the area google and see if there is a fitness expo that is held in your area. I guarantee you wont regret it.


So this week I was able to remain consistent with my eating! I didn't have a cheat meal and only consumed healthy meal options. Sadly, my workouts weren't very consistent this week. I only worked out 3x and burned a total of 3,723 calories missing the goal I had set for myself last week.






 I was able to do two major bike rides this week. I did a 24 mile bike ride with my neo Saturday and did 30 mile solo ride at the beginning of the week! Yes I said 30 MILES. My legs were so sore I could barely walk the next day. I LOVE riding though because it doesn't feel like I'm working as hard as I am. My goal is to ride my bike twice a week and to continue to increase the distance that I travel. One day I want to do a 50 mile ride! 




What are some of your fitness goals for the upcoming week? My next post I promise to update my measurements and spotlight one of the product freebies I got from the LA Fitness Expo. Have a great week everyone and LIVE HEALTHY! 

<3 BRI

1 comment: