Monday, January 20, 2014

Swervin on it, Swerv, Swervin on that trail






I've been swervin on all kinds of trails this week! I completed two big rides and even though my legs probably hate me for it, I LOVE IT! The first ride I completed was 22 miles round trip and the second ride was 27 miles round trip! Admittedly, I wasn't always into bike riding. In fact up until two years ago I hadn't owned a bike since I was in elementary school. But then I started dating a guy who was super into biking. Deciding to check it out I got a bike and hit the pavement. The boyfriend came and went but biking stayed! I love the feeling of freedom that biking allows. I can ride anywhere I want as fast as I want and no one can stop me! When I started working out hard core last year I decided to incorporate biking into my weekly routine and I started to notice a change in my leg strength and endurance when working out in other areas. Biking is a great way to burn calories while having fun! Honestly I would rather bike 10 miles then run 2 miles ANY DAY. But that's just me. If you own a bike dust it off and give it a ride, if you don't own a bike then GET ONE! I promise you that you won't regret it! Plus I need more people willing to ride with me hahaha...






Living in California makes me SOOOO spoiled! It's January and I am still able to do all of my workouts outside! The weather here has been an amazing 80 degrees most of the week! I completed 5 workouts this week and 1 two-a-day. I didn't see any movement on the scale though :( which is a total bummer. I keep telling myself its not about the scale and to keep doing what I'm doing and I will see results. Plus its not just about losing weight, I really want to get fit and be in better shape. So my journey continues..... 






My Polar Ft7 heart rate monitor continues to be the best thing since sliced bread lol... I decided I am going to start weekly calorie goals of how many calories I want to burn since I track the amount each workout anyways. This week my goal is to burn 4,200 calories during my workouts. Which is doable but will still push me to work a little harder! I'll let you know if I am able to reach my goal or not next week.



I have come to the realization that working out sucks some times. LOL...Twice this week I stopped MID WORKOUT and was about to give up and go home because I was tired. Working out and posting IG pics is all well and good but actually putting in the work, sweating, and dealing with a sore body is a whole other story! Thankfully both times I kept going and completed my workouts. I felt awesome after but it reminded me of how much our minds can play tricks on us. Both times my mind was telling me "Brianna you're tired, just go home, you can finish your workout later". Even though I know damn well I would have went home, took a nap, or watched TV never completing the rest of my workout! Don't let your mind trick you! You CAN do this! Even when you feel tired, go that extra mile. You're body can handle much more then your mind thinks it can. I'm glad I was able to push myself this week. How do you get past the hurdle of your mind?


So I had challenged myself NOT to have a cheat meal this week. And I made it the whole week, until Saturday night. Sadly I gave in to my temptation and had the most amazing chicken parmesan ever! lol...It was heaven. Well for 30 minutes! Then after wards I started to feel gross. My stomach doesn't process "non healthy" food the way it used to. Back to the veggies and proteins I go! lol...

So this week I am SPOTLIGHTING Chia Seeds!

You have known about Chia seeds since you were a kid and UOENO! lol...Yes these are the Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia seeds that were used for the infamous growing plants! (Don't act like you don't still remember the jingle from the infomercials because you know you do!) Instead of growing hair on a ceramic mans head they now have an even better use lol! Chia seeds may look tiny and boring but they pack a major punch. One TBSP of Chia seeds has more Calcium then a glass of milk and more Omega-3s then Salmon! Not to mention they are a great "filler food". Meaning, when you put Chia seeds into anything with liquid they expand and turn into a "gel like" consistency. Adding Chia seeds to a smoothie or even water is a great way to feel "fuller" as they act as an appetite suppressant when they expand. They don't have a taste so you can literally add them to anything. This week I have been making tons of smoothies and throwing them in. I actually DO feel fuller when I add Chia seeds. I got a small bag from Trade Joe's for $4.99, it was definitely worth it and I will totally be buying more. After perusing the Internet I found tons of cool recipes using chia seeds. If you haven't tried them you should!


Embrace your sore muscles this week and work through the pain!

<3 BRI

No comments:

Post a Comment