Saturday, January 11, 2014

Turn Down for.....Weightloss!

Losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle makes you a loser!!!!!!!  Just kidding...lol...But it does cut into your social life! Especially if you are used to partying, drinking, and eating out every weekend. I never realized how often I did these things until I STOPPED doing them. Eating, drinking, and partying aren't necessarily bad, but when you are counting calories it sure puts a damper on things. Usually if I'm trying to "turn up" it involves lots of drinks which always leads to some sort of fatty and oily food after. Oh and that wonderful little hangover that I have to deal with the next day lol...Since I started working out my "turn ups" have pretty much diminished. I go out occasionally but I am MUCH more conscious of what I consume. Now that I use my Polar Ft7 during every workout I am keeping track of the amount of calories I burn. It takes a SUPER kick ass workout to burn 1,000 calories or more. While one meal at Mcdonalds will have you consuming twice that in ten minutes. No bueno! The ends don't justify the means in that equation. Plus I hate having a hangover the next day because it usually screws up my workout and causes me to spend most of the day in bed or laying around the house like a zombie. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle doesn't have to make you boring but it DOES make you get your priorities in order. Turning up for one night, OR working out and burning a grip of calories so I can have those awesome abs this summer? I'll take the abs! 

                                        

This week's workouts were somewhat hit or miss. I worked out but I feel like I could have pushed harder and done better. I DID workout though and I maintained my healthy eating! My "treat meal" this week was sushi. (Which actually isn't that bad) The rest of the week I stuck with a mix of proteins, veggies, whole grains, and lots of water! I haven't drank soda in over a month. I've never really been much of a soda person though so it's not THAT much of a win lol...

So I decided to take monthly progress pics and measurements. In all honesty I don't feel comfortable posting my current pics BUT I promise I will once I make some progress on this stomach pudge lol...I will however provide monthly updates on my measurements. I am interested in seeing what my non-scale victories are looking like! I feel like I'm losing inches even though the scale hasn't dropped much. I wish I would have taken my measurements at my largest (187lbs) but it's better late then never! So here it goes! P.S. I went to Walmart and purchased a measuring tape from the sewing section, it was only $2.00, if you have never measured yourself and are on a weight loss journey I highly recommend it! It gives you another way to track the changes your body goes through as your journey progresses! 

My Current Measurements:

Waist: 36"
Hips: 41"
Arms: 12"
Legs: 23"





I got back into the gym this week! As you know I have been outdoors for most of my workouts. I didn't suddenly get a gym membership or anything though. I just happened to go with one of my friends who has a membership to Planet Fitness. Honestly it was kind of weird doing my workout on a machine instead of out in the elements! lol...I still prefer the outdoors but it was kinda nice to be able to use the weights, elliptical (my favorite machine) and the ab cruncher thingy. 



Throughout this journey I have experimented with alot of different dishes and tried alot of different foods. Not everything I have tried or purchased has been good but every now and then I find something awesome that helps make this journey a little easier! I figured I would impart some of my knowledge and highlight some of my favorite food finds in my posts. (No I'm not Oprah so don't expect free samples of my favorite things lol) This week I am highlighting "Vitatops"! These things are SO awesome! Each is only 100 calories and a great source of fiber! I love the Vitatops because they taste good, are good for you, and help me get rid of my sweet tooth without feeling guilty! They have tons of flavors ranging from chocolate chip, blueberry, pumpkin spice, cranberry, etc. Vitatops can be found at Target, Sprouts, and Ralphs and are under $5.00. I bought the banana chocolate chip ones today and can't wait to try them out! 





In other food news I'm having a random obsession with avocado right now. (I go through phases and currently I'm craving avocado!) This week I plan on making this yummy looking grilled chicken with avocado sauce I saw on pinterest. I think I'm going t pair it with black beans and some sort of veggies. What are you going to be meal prepping for the week?


I'm super hyped right now. I was on a Groupon binge this week and purchased an awesome deal for 10 yoga classes for $29.99 from a studio near my house! I have never taken a yoga class before but have always wanted to. I want to work on strengthening my core and improving my flexibility. Plus yoga is supposed to help relieve stress which I really need right now. I decided to practice a few moves to prepare myself for the classes and needless to say yoga is alot harder then it looks lol... Is anyone a yogi? What are some tips for a new yogi just getting started? 



<3 BRI

No comments:

Post a Comment