Sunday, February 3, 2013

Welcome to my page


So I decided to start this blog after one of my friends suggested that I document my fitness journey! Up until college I was SUPER skinny. At 5'6 my smallest weight was 107. As you can see from the pic below. 






Of course that didn't last long! Before I knew it the late night food runs to Alberto's, Jack in the Box, and Denny's began to catch up to me. At my largest I reached 190lbs. (Ugh, it hurts me to even type that number) I was in denial for a long time that I was getting larger. And when I finally came to terms with it it had gotten completely out of control.




So now, with a Bachelors AND Masters degree under my belt, I have FINALLY decided to get in control of my weight. I realized that over the years I have definitely not been treating my body right. I have been eating tons of junk, not exercising, and expecting to be skinny which is super unrealistic! I have tried every diet you can imagine! (The lemonade diet, cabbage soup diet, herbalife, weight watchers, and atkins, yet nothing seemed to work for me) So with that being said, last month I began my journey to living a healthier lifestyle! I now exercise 5 times a week, and eat a healthy combination of fruits, veggies, and protein. Within the first 4 weeks I lost 15lbs (Yeah me!) and am now down to 172lbs. My goal is 135lbs! I have a long ways to go so I figured why not document my feelings, adventures, and experiences along the way by making a blog! I hope to be bikini ready for the summer! So stay tuned for my posts as I wander through this journey of getting fit, losing weight, and getting in shape! Carbs DEFINITELY won't be killin my vibe this time around!


4 comments:

  1. I'm so very proud of you for wanting to share your journey with others. Your transparency will encourage others to pursue a healthier way of living. I look forward to reading your many adventures. You go girl!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are coming from a place that so many, including me can relate. It is hard but whatever you do,.don't give in to dieting. It doesn't work. Your body decides to store the fat for just in case so the minute you stop dieting, you gain it all back and more. You are going to encourage a lot of people, including me. Love that you are doing this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great BRI! I'm in the same journey too so I'll definitley be following ur blog to gain some inspiration and motivation :-)

    ReplyDelete