Friday, December 20, 2013

Just Hold on we're Getting Fit...

Hey Everyone!
This is the third week of my fitness return and its going great! I have a few friends that have hit me up and said that they are starting their fitness routine after the holidays. Now thats all well and good BUT why put off for tomorrow what you can do today? Plus if you can start and maintain healthy eating habits in the midst of the holidays then nothing will be able to throw your journey off course!!



One of my major complaints with working out is the pain that you experience (soreness, injuries, etc). This week after completing one of my many workouts I got horrible shin splints. I was convinced that I had permanently injured myself. I didnt but it sure felt like it. It made me realize that in order for me to be able to work out effectively I need to be injury free. I'm not saying you should stop working out because of every ache or pain BUT i think its imperative that you listen to your body and dont cause yourself permanent injury. Thankfully after a goodnights rest and massaging my legs I felt much better the next morning and was able to get back on my workouts. 
So the scale was NOT my friend this week. I didnt drop any weight :( whereas last week I went down 5lbs. Which confirms my initial suspicion that it was just water weight. But thats ok. Im honestly much more focused with losing inches anyways. Ive kept up with all of my workouts and feel proud even if the scale isnt reflecting it. 



I posted the photo above on my IG this week because I felt it really speaks to why I have embarked on this journey. I always turn to Pinterest or IG when i need a little motivation or inspiration. Why do you workout? What benefits have you noticed in your life since your fitness journey started? I hope everyone has an amazing Christmas! Stay on your workouts but allow yourself some sort of treat! For example my Mom makes the most AMAZING and calorie filled German Chocolate Cake on the planet. I literally look forward to it every year! Now usually I would happily consume several pieces and take home left overs to enjoy. This year the multiple pieces of cake and left overs are a NO-GO! Im allowing myself to enjoy one piece but THATS IT. Set your limits and stick to them. 

<3 BRI

No comments:

Post a Comment