Sunday, December 29, 2013

SORE...I Woke up Like this...

Sore is an everyday part of life when you are working out. I wonder if you ever reach a point  where you are so in shape and fit that you don't get sore. I doubt it lol...Currently my calves are KILLING me. My hike yesterday at Runyon Canyon definitely did a number on my legs! I know it's a good hurt but it can be extremely annoying when you are trying to sleep and can't get comfortable in your own bed!



So I survived the holidays. Kind of. I only worked out twice this past week (major fail considering I have been on vacation the whole time) and my eating has been all over the place. Definitely a mixture of healthy meals and cheats. I really did my best to fight off the temptation of holiday foods and I did "OK". Not great, but ok! I had three pieces of my moms infamous German Chocolate cake. BUT I didn't take any home for leftovers (gotta give myself atleast SOME props for that, especially since my Mom was practically ready to give me the rest of the cake because she knows its my favorite lol). 




How did everyone elses holidays go? Did you workout as much as you wanted? Were you able to eat healthy or did you over indulge on the holiday goodies? My favorite part of Christmas was seeing my family and having a break away from everything including working out. BUT it's time to get back to work! This year for Christmas my family decided to give theme gifts. Of course I picked fitness as my theme and totally scored some awesome stuff to get me motivated!


Thanks to my family I got some workout gear, a jump rope, wrist weights, new gloves for lifting, a subscription to "Oxygen" fitness magazine, and a cute red water bottle. With the gift cards I received I picked up a few workout tank tops and a new heart rate band for my Polar heart rate monitor! (I have been unable to use it because I lost the band and monitor) I'm really excited to use all of my new gadgets! There's something awesome about breaking in new fitness stuff! I have my eye on a few other things I want to get for the new year but those will have to wait until my next payday lol...



So of course everyone and their mom is suddenly going to be on a "fitness journey" since the new year is a few days away. Which is great! I'll have tons of new fitness partners, well atleast for a month or two until everyone falls off lol...Hopefully people will stick with the change and not let their goals fall into the abyss of "new years resolutions" that never get attained. My fitness journey started last year and will only get better in 2014! I'm going to be setting specific attainable goals for myself in order to ensure that I get my abs by the summer! What are your fitness goals for the new year??? Good luck with all of them and Happy 2014!



<3 BRI

No comments:

Post a Comment