Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Fav's!

Since my fitness journey started I have been using alot of awesome apps and websites to try out recipes, exercises, and other cool stuff! I figured I would share my current addictions below and hopefully assist others as well! Enjoy! 

#1. PINTEREST
If you have never gone on Pinterest be warned, IT IS ADDICTIVE! There are so many AMAZING ideas, recipes, quotes, crafts, etc that you can stay on for hours at a time! But for our purposes we are going to focus strictly on the "Health and Fitness" area on Pinterest. I mostly use the Pinterest app on my Iphone because it's easier to cruise through the posts. I have found tons of awesome healthy recipes, exercises, and inspirational quotes for my healthy lifestyle journey. Plus the great thing is that it continually updates so every time you log on there is new stuff to look at! (Hence why you can be on it for hours at a time) If you haven't checked out Pinterest you definitely should!


#2. Hungry Girl
My second obsession are the "Hungry Girl" books and website! The "Hungry Girl" is a woman after my own heart! She loves food and uses creative ways to revamp calorie loaded recipes to something light and healthy! She has re done everything from lasagna, chili cheese fries, cocktails, and milkshakes! This woman is a genius! Be warned, this is another addicting website! I purchased one of her recipe books but it's not necessary since you can find a majority of her recipes on the site. She also sends awesome emails about healthy food products and new recipes weekly. I LOVE HUNGRY GIRL! Check out her website at www.hungry-girl.com

#3. FREE WORKOUT APPS
I totally love the free workout apps for Iphone! My favorites are the Leg Workout, ab workout, and butt workout! If you haven't downloaded one of these I suggest that you do! It shows clips of the exercises and times you as you complete them. I love it because often I run out of things to do on my own. But these apps give me tons of ideas and enable me to complete quick workouts in the comfort of my own home. I also love the app "Map My Ride" to track my bike rides, runs, and hikes! It tracks your time, miles, and calories burned!


#4. GROUPON
Groupon freaking rocks! I have been able to try so many awesome classes because of groupon deals! My newest love is bikram inspired cycling at a place in North Hollywood! Next I want to try aerial yoga! I'm keeping my eye open for any deals lol....





What are your fitness obsessions???


No comments:

Post a Comment