Sunday, April 21, 2013

Still on my Fitness, so I ain't Got No Worries!

Hey Everyone!!!
I feel like it has been forever since I have written a post, but don't worry I'm still on the fitness wagon! I have just been super swamped with work and haven't had time to post anything. I will try to do better!


This week I finally got below my plateau! I was SOOOO excited when I stepped on the scale and saw that the numbers had gone down! I was also ecstatic to see that I continue to lose inches. Above is a progress pic I took this week. It's hard to explain what it's like to FINALLY start to like my body again. I didn't realize that I had grown to hate my body the bigger I got, but I had. I know we are supposed to love ourselves at any size but at 187lbs I did NOT love myself. I hated myself. I was depressed that I had let myself get that big which only made me eat more and get bigger. It was a vicious cycle. To be able to break that pattern is the biggest victory for me. For those of you still dealing with this cycle of self hate and weightloss there IS a way above it. If you put in the time and effort your body WILL change. Don't be impatient either, because it is going to take time. It didn't take me a month to gain 50 extra pounds and it's not going to take me a month to lose it.


I continue to push my limits in the gym and was so proud of myself in the above pic when I was able to squat 135lbs! My goal is to be able to squat my own weight, so I am not to far off. I have to admit, I get a kick out of going to the gym with my gloves and lifting with the boys! Of course there are some women there but most of them look like the incredible hulk lol....




My outdoor workouts continue to help me keep variety with my workouts so that I am not just sitting on the treadmill everyday. Plus, you can't beat the view from places like Runyon Canyon or the Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook! These places help me clear my head and stay focused on why I am on this journey in the first place.


Nothing about working out is easy. Believe me there are MANY days that I practically have to drag myself to workout because I would rather be doing something else. BUT it is 100% worth it. After a workout I have the biggest adrenaline rush and feel like I conquered the world!


Recently I have had alot of people ask me about my fitness journey and how I have been able to make the progress I've made. In one word, the thing that has gotten me the results I have is CONSISTENCY. I have been consistent with my workouts and eating healthy. I have also learned to pace myself. You have to start at your own level. If you have never exercised before, don't try to jump into a 6x a week workout regimen. You will kill yourself! lol..Take your time and ease in to your new lifestyle. Try three workouts a week no longer then 30 minutes and then begin to slowly increase them. It's important  that you don't push yourself to hard in the beginning or you will set yourself up for failure. Remember this is a lifestyle change, NOT a fad diet. Good luck on your fitness goals this week, and don't give up! 





No comments:

Post a Comment