Thursday, April 4, 2013

Turnt Down...

I've been upset that I haven't lost any weight in the past two weeks. As I was laying in bed this morning I realized that my workouts have been more "turnt down" then "turnt up". I am not pushing myself as hard as I can. It seems like I have hit a plateau and what I am doing now is maintaining my weight
instead of continuing to shed pounds. This is no bueno. I know that weight loss takes time but I want to make sure I am doing everything I can to challenge myself! Has anyone else felt like this? How did you push past it???

2 comments:

  1. Black Girl's Guide to Weight Loss http://blackgirlsguidetoweightloss.com/ has some good information on the matter of experiencing a plateau.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, plateau is something thats normal to almost all weight loss journeys I have read or heard about. First I do is check if I'm slipping somewhere, if my workouts and calorie intakes are as planned then I usually switch my routine and calories intake. Our body gets used to stuff very fast so you have to keep it guessing, I make small changes like increase my running speed, or change to sprint intervals or increase my inclination, switch running to spinning or some other form of cardio..I also either increase my rep or my weight when I'm doing weight training. As far as eating goes I make sure I'm not starving and I also switch up my calorie intake..one day 1500 the next day 1200 (all healthy food) but just switching it up a little usually helps me.
    Don't get frustrated it just shows you are getting healthier :)

    ReplyDelete