Monday, May 20, 2013

I'm on those Good Fruits and Vegetables!



Hey Hey Everyone!!
Welp this weekend was HORRIBLE eating wise. I definitely spent Saturday and Sunday feeding my face with everything from pasta to french fries! What started off as a cheat meal spiraled into a cheat weekend :( no bueno! Before I changed my eating habits those meals would have made me happy. But honestly after eating them I felt gross and guilty. As I was eating my usually yummy cheese biscuits from Red Lobster, in my head all I was wondering was how many calories each biscuit had. lol....I'm really glad that I don't get the same enjoyment from stuffing my face as I used to. Because that's what got me to be the size I was! As of today I am right back on my fruits and vegetables and feel SOOOO much better. I have more energy, I don't feel bloated, and there's no guilt! Having a full cheat weekend is not for me. I will be sticking to my 1 cheat meal a week! It enables me to satisfy a craving without it getting out of hand like this past weekend. 


So my love for biking has returned!!! After that 20 mile bike ride with my Dad last week I knew that I had to get back on the bike sooner then later! Last week and tonight I completed a 10 mile bike ride. Nothing huge but still a nice little ride. I'm also missing my racing wheel I used to have on my bike. I may need to invest in another Aerospoke...lol....


The gym and I still have a love/hate relationship. I honestly would MUCH rather be working out in nature, BUT I have this new found love for the weight area. BTW I can squat my body weight now! (Happy dance)


Last week Leg Day KILLED me! No literally, I was sore for the rest of the week and pretty much limping everywhere. Along with one of my close friends we first tackled the Santa Monica Stairs and after going up hella times THEN headed to the gym for our usual leg workout. Needless to say after that I was DONE. Even though I felt like dying it was great to push myself and try something new. I will keep you updated on how I do this week! lol...


I hope everyone's workouts are going well! Remember you have to start somewhere! Even if you have a weekend of overeating (like I did) you can get right back on the wagon and re-commit. Don't let yourself get sucked into old habits. Remember what you're working for and why you are working towards it! 

<3 Bri










1 comment:

  1. Hi Bri, I have stopped having cheat days completely..I think as time passed I just stopped liking junk food, I prefer my vegetables and grilled meat :)
    20 miles bike ride sounds great, keep up the good work at the gym..I still have a long way to go before I can squat my own body weight...slowly I will get there

    ReplyDelete