Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I Woke Up in a Brand New Body!


Whattup!!
Ok so maybe I didn't wake up in a brand new body, BUT it sure feels like it! I got over my plateau and FINALLY lost more weight. As of today I have lost 30 POUNDS! (Takes a bow) I am super proud of myself! I have never lost this much weight before. But then again I was also never gotten as large as I was before either. Anyway, it feels great to be smaller but I am having a hard time adapting! For example, all of my work slacks are like a size 13 (crazy huh) but I no longer fit them! (Happy dance) So now I need to get new pants but part of me is scared to get rid of the old ones. There's a little voice inside my head that says "what if you get big again? don't throw away good clothes!" But I also know that I don't plan on ever letting myself get that unhealthy again. I had gotten so used to being large and hiding myself under big baggy clothes that I'm afraid to let go of them. Has anyone else gone through this???


One of the changes I have made in my workouts recently has been to increase the weights when lifting. I've noticed that I have begun to get stronger and can squat more now! I'm seeing some muscle definition in my arms and am so excited. I would love to have a 6 pack by the summer. (Not a gross manly one but a nice feminine one lol) I'm still no incredible hulk, but I can handle myself in the weight area!


This fitness journey is awesome and I have never felt better. I am actually looking forward to summer this year because I will definitely be in a bathing suit on a beach somewhere! How is your fitness journey going?? Are you sticking with your healthy eating and exercise regimen? If the answer is no then get back on it! It is never to late to hop on the wagon again! Believe me, once you get back on the healthy wagon you will begin to feel better and see results. Don't be discouraged. Losing weight takes time! There is NO QUICK FIX for weight loss. It took time to gain the weight and it will take time to lose it! I'm on this journey right along with you, so let's get it in! :)

-Bri





1 comment:

  1. congratulations on your 30 pound loss :) I always get rid of my bigger sized clothes so I have no execuse to wear them ever.

    ReplyDelete