Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fit City Chick...Fit Fit City Chick...

So suddenly getting fit, and working out is the new "cool" thing to do? It seems like lately everywhere I look people are posting pictures of their "workouts" and "healthy" food.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that people are getting healthy and becoming more active. BUT, I have a problem with all of these "Fitness Fakers!" I define a "Fitness Faker" as someone who has suddenly become interested in fitness just to post pics on their instagram/facebook or someone who "claims" to workout out consistently and be living a healthy lifestlye, but in real life they are downing shots, and eating fast food whenever they can!  

--------------------------Are you a FITNESS FAKER?-------------------------

 If you....

1. Wear your cutest clothes to the gym because you know you have to take a picture for instagram or fb...
2. Only post pitures of the healthy foods you eat when REALLY half the time your chowing down on McDonalds fries and double cheeseburgers...
3. Rarely step foot in the gym or do any sort of regular workout...
4. Don't really care about getting healthy...
5. Put on make up and/or jewelry to workout...

Then you my friend are a FITNESS FAKER! 



 Even celebrities like the rapper Game and past MTV host LaLa have gotten into the fitness fad. (In Games defense he definitely looks alot better after completing his 60 Day Challenge lol) The Game has been very open about his journey to fitness through the many pictures he posts on Instagram. He generally posts daily pictures of healthy meals he eats and the workouts he completes. This is great! But, what I wonder is how many of his followers that started his 60 Day Challenge really care about their health and losing weight, or whether they are just doing it because he's a celebrity and its "cool" right now. 



And since when is fitness only 60 days? I dont know about everyone else but for me this is a permanent lifestyle change. Now I dont know if I will be working out 6 days a week for the rest of my life. BUT, now that I have become active I realize how much I love it, and can't see myself NOT doing it! Once I reach my goal weight I still plan on working out atleast 3x a week. I think I hate Fitness Fakers so much because I am actually REALLY working my ass off to lose weight and get healthy. It's not easy and I don't do it to post pictures on instagram or fb. I'm on this journey for myself but hope that by blogging or posting pics maybe I can inspire someone else. What do you think about the newest group of Fitness Fakers taking over Instagram/FB?

6 comments:

  1. Loving your blog!! Thanks for stopping by mine! I'll definitely be following you on your journey!! We're in it together, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are on spot by saying fitness has to be a lifestyle change, when I started I always thought once I reach my goal I will be done, but now I realise it has become a part of my life and I love it. I feel if it becomes a lifestyle change it's easier to handle because you are not forced to do something you don't want to instead you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fully agree! I can't wait until I reach my goal weight and have that feeling!!

      Delete
  3. Maybe it's just cause I'm older but personally, I like the before picture of the Game better. He seems uncomfortable with himself or something in that picture. Or, maybe he's starving and trying not to think about it. I agree with you about the fakers though. You've made a lot of great points. Whatever works for you...just do it. You're looking awesome, Baby Girl. But, you've always looked awesome!!

    ReplyDelete